Greek Inspired Quinoa Bowl
It feels like a month ago that I made this recipe on Instagram Live and ate a whole bowl of leftovers throughout the week. It feels long ago because….well COVID…which has negated all normal sense of time and also because I’ve bought a house and am now living amongst unopened boxes, paint cans and floor samples, which is far from my usual pace of normalcy.
Nevertheless, I’m immensely grateful for the opportunity to buy a house and make it a home. And, while my normal meals have been replaced by easily accessible meals *cue copious amounts of pizza, Flaming Hot Cheetos and granola as cereal for breakfast, lunch and dinner here… but actually though* I’m looking to making more meals like this again in my kitchen because it was legit delicious and very easy to put together.
Starting with a basic base of red quinoa (which you can prep days in advance and store in the fridge), this Greek Inspired Bowl uses fresh chopped vegetables like cucumbers and bell peppers, feta cheese (optional), fresh dill, and a homemade creamy tzatziki sauce to tie it all together.
Sound good? Then read on!
Greek Inspired Veggie Quinoa Bowl
- 1-1.5 cup quinoa boil in vegetable broth for added flavor
- 1/2 large English cucumber diced into small pieces
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes quartered
- 1/2 red onion sliced thinly
- 1 can chickpeas optional, drained.
- 1/4-1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese save some for garnish
For the Tzatziki Sauce
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt I used Fage
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove minced garlic or use garlic powder
- dill to taste
- salt + pepper to taste
- Measure out the quinoa and cook in small stove pot with vegetable broth over medium to medium high heat. Roughly 2 parts liquid to 1 part quinoa. Allow to cook as you prep your vegetables making sure to stir occasionally.
- Rinse and chop your vegetables into small pieces. Place chopped ingredients into large bowl and set aside.
- To make the dressing: combine all ingredients for the homemade tzatziki sauce into a small mixing bowl. Mix well until creamy. Store in the fridge until ready to use.
- Once the quinoa is ready, combine desired amount into the larger bowl with vegetables. Mix well and then add in the dressing, mixing continuously.
- Garnish with more dill, feta cheese and salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
I hope you all enjoyed this as much as I did. May it nourish you.