5 min Burrata Toast
If you’re looking for a satisfying yet easy-to-make snack to fuel your day, look no further! This open-faced toast is balanced and tasty, full of antioxidants and vitamins from the vegetables, protein and fats from the burrata and complex carbohydrates from whole-grains. It also provides a fully balanced bite—sweet and acidic from the balsamic vinegar and a spiciness from the red onion and arugula that pairs well with the creaminess of the cheese. I hope you’re starting to get hungry.
Open-faced toast is such a versatile way to add new flavors into your diet, although the OG of open-faced toast aka. avocado toast is always guaranteed to please. If you like caprese salad or balsamic vinegar, you will absolutely love this take on some of those classic flavors. It requires no active cooking time!!–just prep your ingredients and assemble in literally 5 minutes or less.
What you’ll need:
- toasted bread (sourdough or gluten-free toast are my jams)
- some sliced red onion, raw
- burrata (I used the BelGioioso brand)
- handful of arugula
- sliced red tomatoes
- balsamic glaze
- Optional: butter (I used vegan butter)
- Spread a light amount of butter onto your bread and lightly toast in a toaster oven or on a med-high pan for 2 mins. Flip once at the halfway point if toasting on a pan.
- Add your sliced tomatoes and onions. Top with arugula and the burrata.
- Drizzle with balsamic glaze. Season with salt/cracked pepper if desired.
Hope you all enjoy this easy snack!